Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Andrew Jackson and other things...

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say thank you all of you who posted, it was and is an encouragement to keep moving on.

Well today is 80 degrees and sunny! It is an absolutely amazing day. We went out to see Andrew Jackson's home (which was interesting) and now I get a little time of relaxation and quiet because my step mom is going to go lay by the pool and my dad is out golfing, I'm going to hang around in the room and just be. I said before I left that I wanted to have a least a day or so where I could just be by myself and rest. I am taking the portions I can get little by little and making the most of them as possible. I've been reading a couple of books and praying. I always find it amazing when God physically moves me out of my comfort zone I run to him. Take for instance when I went to Arizona to help watch the kids I was nannying for at the time, I remember listening every night to a c.d. by Rita Springer and falling asleep to her voice singing of how amazing God is. Here I've not needed music per se to help me fall asleep, I"ve been pretty tired, but I find now that I need and crave my alone time to just be.

I was thinking last night about being real with people and letting some of my walls down and I would love to get back into a small group that I'm able to listen to others hurts as well as being able to open up to them and trust them. Well I got a call this morning from Mars Hill asking if I was still interested in being involved in a small group. I said yes and I"m meeting with them next wednesday! :) Boy if that isn't a God thing!

For all of you how are really worried I've been Starbucks deprived, you don't have to worry, I've successfully noted where a couple are within driving distances and my addictation continues to be feed. :)

Tonight we are going to a fondue resturant called the Melting Pot and I've been excited about this resturant since last year when we came here.

I'll inform you of it tomorrow.

That's all for now. Have a great day in Michigan! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home