Monday, May 09, 2005

What a weekend!

Sometimes it feels like the weekends become such a blur that you can't remember what happened, well this weekend was one of those weekends, but there definitely were some "memorable" moments.

Friday started the weekend with a Volunteer Appreciation Night at Mars Hill. It was so much fun! The band was great...Ethan played and he even sang! I love it when Ethan sings. He has such an amazing voice. He is a great guy...gotta love meeting and getting to know the Starbucks staff! :)

Saturday-I had a wedding ALL day-but I did get an opportunity to go out to coffee with Ruth which was fun. :) The reception was nice but by the end of it I was definitely ready to go. I ended up going home and then out to the movie Crash, which was amazing! I highly recommend it to anyone. I will be going to see it again.

Sunday started out with a bang! I had my car radio jacked with one of my favorite c.d.'s taken. But I must say that whoever took the c.d. player did an amazing job because they didn't rip, cut, or really damage my car. So I was a little bit angry when I found out but then the more I was thinking about and the more I was talking to God about it I realized this, I have a choice. I can either be really angry about this and let it eat at me or I can let it go and move on with life. I chose moving on with life. It is all perspective-if I valued my radio so much that I became angry and bitter over losing it then apparently my priority's are messed up. A radio being stolen is not the end of the world just the beginning of a new leg of my journey. :)
Mother's Day was really nice and great to be with my family despite the radio deal. I still am incredibly blessed!

Now the count down starts with only 4 days until I leave on vacation! I can't hardly wait, and yet there is always a feeling of fear when leaving for a week. I don't know why, I guess deep down I really am a homebody. I love taking short trips like 3 or 4 days. Maybe this trip is a little different because I"m going with my dad and step-mom. I think it will be nice and maybe a little bit frustrating but I"m looking forward to some me time without anyone. I will also be spending a bit of time with a friend so I"m sure all will be fine, I just get a little anxious staying in a new place.

Well I guess that's not a part of my weekend, but oh well....more to come later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home