Tuesday, May 03, 2005

I love Sundays

Every Sunday it has become tradition in my group of friends to get together and just hang out. It is a great time of just enjoying each others company.

This past sunday I think was by far the best sunday we have had as a group in a long time! It was the usual peeps, with a few missing, but the group dynamic was amazing. We were watching As Good as it Gets when suddenly a quote from Diane Keaton spurred a converstation. We paused the movie and we all began to listen to the behind the scences story Ebiri and Alicia (2 of my bestest friends). It was amazing how the story impacted me and where I am in life. When you are truly right and well with God everything else just seems to work and I think that is one of the things that I've been learning about most recently with God.

So are you wondering their story is...well that is not mine to tell, but one thing I will tell you is that it is amazing how God moved in their lives and it is amazing how they came to be together as a married couple today. I always knew that Ebiri and Alicia would get married the very first time I ever heard Alicia talk about Ebiri. There was something differant about the whole situation. Even though I missed most of the beginning parts of the relationship, it truly was and is God working in their relationship to make it happen.

Don't you often wonder (or maybe it is just me because I"m a girl) if your story is going to be like someone else's in regard to how God made it work? I know there is an element of God working in every relationship to make it work, but think about it, don't you ever hear stories that just strike you at your very core and you wish that you could have something that amazing! Granted I"m not going into a relationship/marriage blindsided, I know it is going to take a ton of work to be able to talk something through and make it into something more, something better, but I don't want status quo, I want more than that. There are to many status quo relationships out there. Everyone wants amazing, so why is it that so many don't have amazing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home