Master's
When I was in college everyone would ask "Are you going to continue your education by getting your masters in psychology?" I would simply state "NO, not unless I think that God is telling me to." Well I'm being to think that maybe he is telling me to continue on with my education, which is scary, but exciting.
I've been talking to a friend who is also thinking about going to masters, although he is thinking about going to Mars Hill Graduate School in Seattle, we have discussed a couple of thoughts and concerns that we have both had. It is nice to have someone else in that same place in life to talk things through.
So here are a couple of my thoughts-Rob (Mars Hill pastor) has been doing a new sermon series titled Jesus is difficult. Well here are two resounding thoughts from his prior sermons. His first sermon touched on boundaries and how Jesus moved with the boundaries he had because he knew his ultimate goal-Jerusalem. Jesus was always moving towards his ultimate goal, so the question that was posed was and is What is your Jerusalem? That got me thinking about what is my ultimate goal that I need to be moving towards, besides the obvious one of becoming more Christ like. So I"ve been tossing around that idea.
The next sermon talked about Jesus and how his anger healed people. Rob touched on the story of Jesus healing a crippled hand on the Sabbath. He told of how Jesus knew the Pharisee's where trying to turn and twist the text and it made him angry towards them, but his anger did not hurt people he turned to the individual with a crippled hand and he used his anger to heal. Rob asked us what made us the most angry may be the very thing that we are the most passionate about. Now world hunger or the AID's epidemic does not make me angry it makes me sad. Not until a couple of days later did I have a situation come about that really made me angry and I wanted to heal/fix the situation. It has gotten me thinking that perhaps I shouldn't let the money issue really deter me, maybe I should reframe the way I"m looking at this as I'm investing into an education that will enable me to reach my Jerusalem. So I'm going to talk with my dad about it this next week while on vacation and continue to pray and seek good counsel from others.
Any thoughts from you all reading my blog?
I've been talking to a friend who is also thinking about going to masters, although he is thinking about going to Mars Hill Graduate School in Seattle, we have discussed a couple of thoughts and concerns that we have both had. It is nice to have someone else in that same place in life to talk things through.
So here are a couple of my thoughts-Rob (Mars Hill pastor) has been doing a new sermon series titled Jesus is difficult. Well here are two resounding thoughts from his prior sermons. His first sermon touched on boundaries and how Jesus moved with the boundaries he had because he knew his ultimate goal-Jerusalem. Jesus was always moving towards his ultimate goal, so the question that was posed was and is What is your Jerusalem? That got me thinking about what is my ultimate goal that I need to be moving towards, besides the obvious one of becoming more Christ like. So I"ve been tossing around that idea.
The next sermon talked about Jesus and how his anger healed people. Rob touched on the story of Jesus healing a crippled hand on the Sabbath. He told of how Jesus knew the Pharisee's where trying to turn and twist the text and it made him angry towards them, but his anger did not hurt people he turned to the individual with a crippled hand and he used his anger to heal. Rob asked us what made us the most angry may be the very thing that we are the most passionate about. Now world hunger or the AID's epidemic does not make me angry it makes me sad. Not until a couple of days later did I have a situation come about that really made me angry and I wanted to heal/fix the situation. It has gotten me thinking that perhaps I shouldn't let the money issue really deter me, maybe I should reframe the way I"m looking at this as I'm investing into an education that will enable me to reach my Jerusalem. So I'm going to talk with my dad about it this next week while on vacation and continue to pray and seek good counsel from others.
Any thoughts from you all reading my blog?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home