Surrender
I've started reading a new book yesterday that is really speaking to me. You know it is a good book when all you want to do is underline every sentence and then read them over and over again just so that you can gain every piece of insight from them.
But this series of sentences was the most profound to me.
" Every limitation we have can be seen as in invitation from God to do for us what we cannot do for ourselves. When we surrender, we don't just give up or play dead or wait for God to fix us. Instead, we become active participants with God in making a new path of hope toward healing. We drop our guard and give up our solitary and isolated efforts to heal. We sincerely and humbly reach out to others who can help us restore our lives to spiritual vitality."
When someone is hurt I find they retreat back into themselves, I do. This hit me because drawing into myself is not helping to solve the deep pain that resides in my inner most being. This is why I am asking God to bring to mind continually the moments where I think I can control my surroundings. Take for instance this morning while blow drying my hair I was thinking of what I could do to change a situation that has been in my life for about 14 years and then it was like a sweet gentle voice that reminded me that I can't fix it without Him.
So what does this mean for you? What area's do you need to surrender?
I love this definition of surrender "Getting past our pain and fear and CLINGING to our Hope in God and His Love for us."
But this series of sentences was the most profound to me.
" Every limitation we have can be seen as in invitation from God to do for us what we cannot do for ourselves. When we surrender, we don't just give up or play dead or wait for God to fix us. Instead, we become active participants with God in making a new path of hope toward healing. We drop our guard and give up our solitary and isolated efforts to heal. We sincerely and humbly reach out to others who can help us restore our lives to spiritual vitality."
When someone is hurt I find they retreat back into themselves, I do. This hit me because drawing into myself is not helping to solve the deep pain that resides in my inner most being. This is why I am asking God to bring to mind continually the moments where I think I can control my surroundings. Take for instance this morning while blow drying my hair I was thinking of what I could do to change a situation that has been in my life for about 14 years and then it was like a sweet gentle voice that reminded me that I can't fix it without Him.
So what does this mean for you? What area's do you need to surrender?
I love this definition of surrender "Getting past our pain and fear and CLINGING to our Hope in God and His Love for us."


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home