Thursday, January 05, 2006

Wisdom from my Dad

I guess here is a little precaution before you read this blog*** I was and still am not sure what my intentions are for posting this so please don't read to much into this!!! I think all I am intending to say is, that the Wisdom my dad told me really made a lot of sense to me. Kind of like the statement "The right person at the wrong time is still the wrong person." Harsh but true. So read on my fellow bloggers and know that you have been fore warned! :)



Several months back I had called my dad because I was having a rough day and sometimes it is just nice to hear a friendly voice that tells you it is all going to be ok. We were talking about my stressor's from the day and how I was doing all the way around, the wisdom that my dad passed along to me was this "I would rather have you go threw heartache right now instead of being married and have a lifetime of heartache." I was and still am astounded by that statement. I think it was wise on so many levels especially coming from a man who has experienced a lot of different types of heartaches in his life.

If you know me at all or even a little bit you know that my dad left our family at a very young age and he has since then been married 2 more times, so it doesn't seem like I should be taking advice on some life topics from a man whose track record has been less than admirable. But he has changed a lot and he has come to see the error of his past and is trying to work threw it and make it better.

I am learning a lot about relationships and how absolutely delicate they are. Lessons learned and growth moving ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home