Game Over.
After a 22-0 season my old high school team lost to Morley Stanwood last night. It was a rather disappointing evening, they started out strong, but then lost it toward the end. Oh well 22-1 season isn't a bad way to end by any means!
I always find it intimidating to go back to high school because everyone and everything has changed so much. (Side note-I should say I was not the most popular, but I hung out with everyone, I played sports so I could hang with that crowd, or just hang with the "odd" people. I didn't really care who I hung out with. I could see the potential in everyone and didn't feel the need to discriminate.) Many individuals that I was friends with now have children and most aren't married. It is odd. I can't even imagine having a 2 or 3 year old now in my life. It makes me cherish coming back home to Grand Rapids more, where life is not revolved around being married or children, now I'm not saying those are not admirable things, they are, but they are not what I'm focused on at this point in life.
I guess you never really learn to cherish what you have right now until you put yourself in a foreign environment and see how different that part of the world thinks. I love my life!
I always find it intimidating to go back to high school because everyone and everything has changed so much. (Side note-I should say I was not the most popular, but I hung out with everyone, I played sports so I could hang with that crowd, or just hang with the "odd" people. I didn't really care who I hung out with. I could see the potential in everyone and didn't feel the need to discriminate.) Many individuals that I was friends with now have children and most aren't married. It is odd. I can't even imagine having a 2 or 3 year old now in my life. It makes me cherish coming back home to Grand Rapids more, where life is not revolved around being married or children, now I'm not saying those are not admirable things, they are, but they are not what I'm focused on at this point in life.
I guess you never really learn to cherish what you have right now until you put yourself in a foreign environment and see how different that part of the world thinks. I love my life!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home