Is this what normal is?!
As most of you know I have been seeing a counselor for a little while now and this is about our last counseling session. My counselor was talking to me about setting goals; but maybe I should start with the reason she wants me to set goals.
Here is the picture that she painted-For the last 15 years of my life I have been like a forest ranger putting out forest fire after forest fire after forest fire. But now I have come to the end of the forest fire season and it is time for not only clearing the brush out but also encouraging growth. Thus the reason for goals and striving towards something new and exciting.
So I've been thinking over what that looks like and what that means and yesterday it hit me. Most days I don't feel the need or desire to be out there, meaning loud and "exciting". I most often like to sit and listen to others. I actually don't have much to share.(hold the gasps) Now this is really new and actually really difficult at points because every relationship around me is changing. Everyone has gotten so use to me being the old Hannah that they are unsure of what to do with the new Hannah, well I'm in that same boat as well. I love not having a constant crisis but now I don't know what to share. Before I would go in depth about me in hopes that someone could shed light upon me and help me see who I am. I was looking for meaning in what others said about me. It is really odd but I'm at peace. It is WONDERFUL but also a little unnerving. So I guess the title of this blog "Is this what normal is?!" is more of a "HUH" statement, so this is what life is suppose to be like.
(On a side note the goals I'm going for are: becoming a better cook, learning how to decorate my house and cakes, getting a personal trainer (which I start tomorrow morning :)), and I'm going to start reading again(because I have forgotten how much I enjoyed it)
*The healing of Christ is more deep than I realized*
Here is the picture that she painted-For the last 15 years of my life I have been like a forest ranger putting out forest fire after forest fire after forest fire. But now I have come to the end of the forest fire season and it is time for not only clearing the brush out but also encouraging growth. Thus the reason for goals and striving towards something new and exciting.
So I've been thinking over what that looks like and what that means and yesterday it hit me. Most days I don't feel the need or desire to be out there, meaning loud and "exciting". I most often like to sit and listen to others. I actually don't have much to share.(hold the gasps) Now this is really new and actually really difficult at points because every relationship around me is changing. Everyone has gotten so use to me being the old Hannah that they are unsure of what to do with the new Hannah, well I'm in that same boat as well. I love not having a constant crisis but now I don't know what to share. Before I would go in depth about me in hopes that someone could shed light upon me and help me see who I am. I was looking for meaning in what others said about me. It is really odd but I'm at peace. It is WONDERFUL but also a little unnerving. So I guess the title of this blog "Is this what normal is?!" is more of a "HUH" statement, so this is what life is suppose to be like.
(On a side note the goals I'm going for are: becoming a better cook, learning how to decorate my house and cakes, getting a personal trainer (which I start tomorrow morning :)), and I'm going to start reading again(because I have forgotten how much I enjoyed it)
*The healing of Christ is more deep than I realized*


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home