Weekends....
It has been a few weeks since I've blogged and Katie keeps asking me "When are you going to post something" ok Kate here I am posting something (although you know it all already).
2 weekends ago I went up North with Cal and Vicki and had a wonderful time. It was probably the most relaxed I've been in a really long while. I picked up a book by Francine Rivers called Redeeming Love (I highly suggest it to everyone) and I couldn't put it down***Cal and Vicki can verify to that**** I finished it on Thursday after I got back. It was outstanding. So I bought 2 more books by Francine Rivers (no I'm not addicted to her as an author ;))It feels so good to read again and to be so engulfed in something that doesn't require much thought or emotions. (Meeting one of my goals..this is good)
This past weekend I was away again but this time on a Youth Leaders Retreat and it was another good weekend. I prayed for several things and God answered them all. At one point during worship I thought I was going to pop right out of my skin. I haven't felt this great in years! It is a whole new level of joy and peace.
Things are really turning around. I am excited and looking forward to life, which I know you have all known, but I guess I had to let go of some of the pain in order to have some space for this new life and new outlook. I will gladly give up the things that hinder me if it means that life will improve. (Just in case people take that the wrong way-no I am not talking about anyone in particular so don't take it personal.)
So May the God of peace surround you all on your journey of life.
2 weekends ago I went up North with Cal and Vicki and had a wonderful time. It was probably the most relaxed I've been in a really long while. I picked up a book by Francine Rivers called Redeeming Love (I highly suggest it to everyone) and I couldn't put it down***Cal and Vicki can verify to that**** I finished it on Thursday after I got back. It was outstanding. So I bought 2 more books by Francine Rivers (no I'm not addicted to her as an author ;))It feels so good to read again and to be so engulfed in something that doesn't require much thought or emotions. (Meeting one of my goals..this is good)
This past weekend I was away again but this time on a Youth Leaders Retreat and it was another good weekend. I prayed for several things and God answered them all. At one point during worship I thought I was going to pop right out of my skin. I haven't felt this great in years! It is a whole new level of joy and peace.
Things are really turning around. I am excited and looking forward to life, which I know you have all known, but I guess I had to let go of some of the pain in order to have some space for this new life and new outlook. I will gladly give up the things that hinder me if it means that life will improve. (Just in case people take that the wrong way-no I am not talking about anyone in particular so don't take it personal.)
So May the God of peace surround you all on your journey of life.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home