I'm doing alright
So I've think I've gotten the hang of getting up really early. I'm actually enjoying it (yes Kate I know that's pretty sick!) but it is so nice getting out earlier and feeling like you have the whole day to do whatever you like. Granted I have to go to bed early but that is well worth it to me (not much of a night owl anyways). So I'm thinking I may still get up early tomorrow even though I don't need to, I figured I could get some reading done, get a run in, and perhaps make myself breakfast! :) I think that would be a great way to start the day.
In other news-I think I'm coming up on the end of my counseling sessions. It is a bittersweet feeling. I love going to talk with Miriam, but on the other hand I have learned so much and have made so much progress that I'm not sure I need her as much as I once did. Although I would still love to have her as my mentor while I'm going through Masters for Counseling. I think she could bring such a depth and wealth of understanding that my classes may not be able to. ***Perhaps I will ask her about that.*** She really will be at my wedding one day-she has become a cherished piece of my journey. I thank God for her and how God has used her in my life and will continue to do so.
Boy news...wouldn't you all like to know ;).
Actually in all seriousness being or "getting" a relationship is not top priority for me anymore. It is kind of a surreal feeling and a large sense of peace and calm! I guess the whole letting go thing really hit me last week when I finally had my eyes opened to the fact that I shouldn't stress over things(relationships, getting into a relationship, and other things) that I can't change. It was like giving myself Freedom to let it go. I know I know it sounds like a lot of psycho babble but for me it was a great step!
I now look forward to each day or a couple of days in advance and focus on that instead of planning where I should be and who I should be 6 months from now. That brings to much stress and unwanted agony when I don't reach my goal.
Ok so the last little tib bit of info. One of my friends Biz or Bryan Edwards I found out is playing basketball in Germany. I had no idea (to which you must be wondering how good of a friend can he be if she didn't know that). Well that is a good thought, but you would have to know the story behind our rocky relationship and that is something I do not want to talk about or need to talk about on my blog. He is great and played a key role in my life for over 2 years. He will always hold a special place in my heart. So I pray he is ok and doing well. Random I know (but not to me seeing that I look at his picture of us together everyday). Good times!
That covers things for now.
Until further developments. :)
In other news-I think I'm coming up on the end of my counseling sessions. It is a bittersweet feeling. I love going to talk with Miriam, but on the other hand I have learned so much and have made so much progress that I'm not sure I need her as much as I once did. Although I would still love to have her as my mentor while I'm going through Masters for Counseling. I think she could bring such a depth and wealth of understanding that my classes may not be able to. ***Perhaps I will ask her about that.*** She really will be at my wedding one day-she has become a cherished piece of my journey. I thank God for her and how God has used her in my life and will continue to do so.
Boy news...wouldn't you all like to know ;).
Actually in all seriousness being or "getting" a relationship is not top priority for me anymore. It is kind of a surreal feeling and a large sense of peace and calm! I guess the whole letting go thing really hit me last week when I finally had my eyes opened to the fact that I shouldn't stress over things(relationships, getting into a relationship, and other things) that I can't change. It was like giving myself Freedom to let it go. I know I know it sounds like a lot of psycho babble but for me it was a great step!
I now look forward to each day or a couple of days in advance and focus on that instead of planning where I should be and who I should be 6 months from now. That brings to much stress and unwanted agony when I don't reach my goal.
Ok so the last little tib bit of info. One of my friends Biz or Bryan Edwards I found out is playing basketball in Germany. I had no idea (to which you must be wondering how good of a friend can he be if she didn't know that). Well that is a good thought, but you would have to know the story behind our rocky relationship and that is something I do not want to talk about or need to talk about on my blog. He is great and played a key role in my life for over 2 years. He will always hold a special place in my heart. So I pray he is ok and doing well. Random I know (but not to me seeing that I look at his picture of us together everyday). Good times!
That covers things for now.
Until further developments. :)


1 Comments:
Perspective is a very valuable commodity, and unfortunately a bit to rare in our life. But it sounds like you are finding some.
All too often we pigeon hole our view of life to the moments where we exist, and yet other times can think of nothing but the future. I long for the eternal perspective, and pray for it for each of us. To see what really matters and to see how each moment/word fits into the bigger picture.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home