Healing
I went out with a friend yesterday who said she needed to talk. I thought Ok, I"ll put my plans on hold and go to coffee with her. Little did I know where the conversation would turn. It is amazing how one person can be hurt so deeply by others. I know we all feel that someone along the way has hurt us so badly that we don't think we can heal, but I know that is a lie. We sat for an hour just talking about nothing, but the next hour, I begin to peel back the pain and started to see the old person I knew 6 years again. She began to admit things that she has never admitted before. It was and is the beginning of her healing. She isn't ready yet to tackle all that is within her and I"m not going to push her because I am one of the only Christian friends she has left that she will listen to. She needs no condemnation, what she needs is a friend that will be with her along the way and to push her when the time is right.
We are not made to be alone. We are made for community and within that community we are made to open up to and receive the healing that God wants so desperately to depart to us.
This is something I"ve known for a long while and something I'm beginning to tackle. It is going to be a hard road but a road that needs to be traveled none the less. (Only a few know what I have up ahead and that is ok. I don't need the whole world to know.)
Praise the Lord for His true healing, May we all find it and Hold on to the Truth of Who we are.
We are not made to be alone. We are made for community and within that community we are made to open up to and receive the healing that God wants so desperately to depart to us.
This is something I"ve known for a long while and something I'm beginning to tackle. It is going to be a hard road but a road that needs to be traveled none the less. (Only a few know what I have up ahead and that is ok. I don't need the whole world to know.)
Praise the Lord for His true healing, May we all find it and Hold on to the Truth of Who we are.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home