Monday, March 12, 2007

My weekend in review

This past weekend was one that was bursting forth with new life, a new life together and a new covenantal promise. So let's start with Saturday!

Saturday morning I became a Wedding Coordinator for a friend, it wasn't stressful at all, actually it was fun, no I am not going to be a wedding coordinator next, she asked me as a favor and I said I would love to. The wedding was beautiful and went off without any big hiccups. I loved standing in the back and watching their ceremony, I actually teared up. No I didn't cry just because I'm a girl, there are so many reasons, one is that I know a large part of the pain that she has come through in the last 2 years and it is so great to see her with a man that is not only incredible, but whom also loves her and her son. The second reason I teared up was because of God's grace and God's ever guiding hand in her life and how He brought beauty from ashes. It again reconfirmed His sovereignty and plan in all of our lives. I have some pictures that I'll post at the bottom.

Sunday my little girl Abigail was baptised. She looked so incredibly cute in her baptismal gown. I loved my sisters church and I am definitely thinking I'll go back, maybe on a permanent basis. Again pictures below.

To end my Sunday I went out for a 9 mile run! I wasn't planning on doing 9 miles, it just happened and I feel/felt great the whole time! I could have kept going, but stopped because it was getting dark and I was dehydrated. No I don't have any pictures of me running, but when I finish my races I will post some of those pix's. Actually I'm going to do the Irish Jig this weekend and then next weekend the Shamrock Shuffle in Chicago. So I definitely have the bug and I love it!

The wedding
Ruth and Matthew
Ruth and Warrens wedding 003

The ceremony
Ruth and Warrens wedding 009

Mr and Mrs Warren Kramer
Ruth and Warrens wedding 012

The baptism

Baby Abigail - Full length of the Dress
My babies 011

Baby Girl
My babies 013


Ok just because this is cute-this is me and my kiddo's! :)
My babies 015

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just realized by looking at your pictures...the only time we're really allowed to wear a white shiny gown is our baptism and wedding. Interesting. There has to be some kind of symbolism there. Hmm, maybe I'll write a paper on that. :)

9:27 PM  
Blogger Cal said...

HEY - what about the music at the wedding? I mean, as the wedding coordinator, did you find the musician easy to work with? Did he (um, or she) provide what you were expecting, and did he (or she) rock?

And did he (or she) bust his tail moving the stuff from the chapel to the reception? :-D I know the answer to that last one... :-D

You did a fabulous job, btw! :-D

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home