Sunday, March 18, 2007

A free Saturday...just what I needed!

Lately I've been overly stressed, due to my over bearing schedule. But as we all know you can only handle so much stress before the damn breaks and it broke for me last week. I was sick (literally) and tired all the time, the doctor had no idea what was wrong with me, and all I wanted to do was crawl into bed and sleep everything away, but we all know that isn't the solution. :) Sometimes you just get so tired of fighting that you need to just lay it down and let someone else carry the burden or get rid of some of the burden all together, well I chose option B. I got rid of one activity that I love, nooo not running, I wouldn't give that up, but I did have to give up BSF. At this point in my life I need that extra night to focus on other things like class, my youth group girls, or just resting. So as I am about to start another week I am ready and rested, mainly because I had a great Saturday! A Saturday where I felt normal again, I didn't think about class, work, or my other various responsibilities that were waiting for me. I let it all go and just enjoyed being!

So let's start with my race! ***I know you are all dying to hear about it...based on the mass calls I received ;)****

One race down and 2 more to go...unless I can sign up for more before the RiverBank. Anyways, my time ended up being 32 mins. and 18 secs. so I was running about a 10min - 38 second mile, which isn't bad for my first race. It was a good starter race for me, and I now know the things I need to improve upon for next weekends race. Hopefully when I reach the RiverBank race I'll be able to get in the zone faster and feel right at home on the course. I of course have a picture of me before the race, not just me...but also my cousins Tammy and Brian whom ran the race "with" me. I'll have to post more pictures later when I get them from Tammy, I didn't charge my camera before, so I only got one picture...*sigh*. But one is better than none! :) After the race I met up with some friends who came and supported me. Thank you Rachel, Ebiri, Alicia, and baby Zion! :) We went to Marie Cattribs for breakfast and later on in the evening we gathered in Holland at a friends place. Everyone had fun talking, eating, and of course playing cards. Although I went through 2 partners in one game of Euchre I/we still won! :)

All in all it was a fantastic Saturday and just what the "Doctor" ordered!

Now for some pictures! :) I know I know that is the best part.

Race Day
Irish Jig Morning

Euchre
Rachel(Nate's girlfriend, me, Nate, Ken-euchre partner #1)
Euchre!

Kaleigh (Ken and Esters little girl) and I
Kaleigh and I

So Rock on! Another week just ahead and I'm ready!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenelle said...

Hope that you continue to take time for a refreshment along the way. Keep those tennis shoes moving!

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home