Friday, January 27, 2006

Boot Camp

8 years! My cousin signed up to be in the Marine's for 8 years! I couldn't believe when I heard that. I kind of freaked out. But I realize that this is the right decision for him. He has always been more suited to that kind of life. He is really smart and has been doing well at MSU , but his heart is not in it. He has been constantly wondering why in the world he was attending school why he could go out and get a job right now. So he signed his life away for 8 years. I'm proud of Joshua, but yet frightened for him at the same time. He is in Cali. right now for Boot Camp and I hear the Marine's Boot Camp is one of the hardest camps to survive. I know he'll do just fine, he is very athletic, but he is my little cousin and I'm feeling a bit protective! :)

He'll be home in a month and then he is suppose to go back to school and finish up this year and then go back out to Cali. I guess we'll see. The military isn't real good on keeping their word. Not holding my breath. Keep him in your prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home