Monday, January 23, 2006

Feeling Good

Many things have been running around in my head and the one that has been there for a while is my last post about boys. Now I may have been a little hard on the male gender. Yes I'm asking for forgiveness, I'm sorry I came across really harsh with you guys.

So here is what I have been thinking about since that little rant.

I was at Starbucks reading, Sunday afternoon, and I got to listen to a first date conversation. Now before you cast judgment, I was doing my homework as well, but it was nice to have a little distraction every once in a while. Now the thing that I found most interesting was this conversation appeared to be torture for this guy. This poor guy couldn't think of anything to say that seemed "interesting" to the girl, but she was trying so hard also to keep the conversation going by asking him questions.

Now the whole time I was listening I only heard the guy ask the girl 1 question about herself! ONE! Now come on guys, I know it seems a bit hard to talk to us, but you can think of more than one question to ask right?! You don't realize how hard it is for a girl to have to keep the conversation going. I would rather have a guy talk about whatever and keep the conversation moving, in that regards, than to have to sit there and take the lead in the conversation. It gets really tiring and boring for us at times. There is only so much superficial jazz you can cover before you are going over the same topics again.

Needless to say I was amused by the conversation, or lack there of. I kind of felt bad for each of them in their own ways. It must be really hard for some guys to hold a conversation with a girl, I'm beginning to really understand that. Well don't give up guys. You can do it! I'm sure of it. As a dear friend once said "It is only uncomfortable if you make it uncomfortable." (and that is a statement from a guy!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home