Good byes and the final weekend of freedom...
I hate good byes and sometimes I even hate Hello's. Because sometimes that Hello is only for a short time and you wish you wouldn't have to say good bye. Well tis the season of everyone leaving (some for the first time and others for yet another year of schooling, sigh.) So as I sit here on a Friday night blogging (what an exciting life I lead :) ) I recount the many memories that I have enjoyed this summer.
-So lets do a summer recap
-Lloyd and Kristina got married! One of the best weddings I have ever been to! :)
-At the wedding I met a great guy, Mr. Stephen Lovell, whom I adore. We danced and danced and danced...as well as had a great conversation. You never know who you will meet..but I am really glad that I've met Stephen.
-Lots of great volleyball games every Sunday evening after church (some nights the trash talking got to be pretty funny coming from a bunch of non-volleyball players.)
-The two bible studies I attended taught me a lot and continued to show me new and forgotten characteristics of God.
-bonfire at Andy's where we played "I've never..."
-The numerous Starbucks (Sevenbucks) runs with Karrie this summer! :)
-Going with Rob for the first time to DownTown Trini's (my favorite Mexican restaurant)
-Going with Stephen to my ALL TIME FAVORITE restaurant Marie Cattrib's! :)
-Chicago Mission Trip with Beaverdam CRC and my church...I'll give you the 401 on that ;)
-Let's not forget going on Superman with Glenda! Six Flags was great (but not as much fun as Cedar Point)
-Eating Kringle for the first time
-Seeing Zacher preach
-Knee boarding at dad's
-Seeing the Tigers play for the first time (even if they did lose,it was fun)
-Seeing Steve preach
-Driving to Detroit to pick up Karrie and having fun catching up and hearing about her mission's trip
-Hearing the words come out of my nephew's mouth "Ummm...I don't think so." I'm still laughing about that one!
-Having "ah ha moments"
-dog sitting for dog's that could get picked off by a hawk, no joke!
-Killing 4 exotic fish opppss....
-Spending time with my family
-Going to the drive in movie theater
-seeing Levi come home
-playing scrabble with Levi and Rachel...I still hold to the word Doxen Rach!
-Attending Ebiri's open house and being so proud of him and his accomplishment!
-Last but not least truly enjoying my summer. It is sad that it's over but I am thankful that the Lord has blessed me with it and now I am looking forward to a great semester. Speaking of which I can't even tell you how much reading I have to do. Yes I know I signed up for this but HOLY COW...good thing I like to read :)
So to sum it up, as summer comes to a close for me I am thankful for the people I have been able to meet, connect with, and grow closer to.
-So lets do a summer recap
-Lloyd and Kristina got married! One of the best weddings I have ever been to! :)
-At the wedding I met a great guy, Mr. Stephen Lovell, whom I adore. We danced and danced and danced...as well as had a great conversation. You never know who you will meet..but I am really glad that I've met Stephen.
-Lots of great volleyball games every Sunday evening after church (some nights the trash talking got to be pretty funny coming from a bunch of non-volleyball players.)
-The two bible studies I attended taught me a lot and continued to show me new and forgotten characteristics of God.
-bonfire at Andy's where we played "I've never..."
-The numerous Starbucks (Sevenbucks) runs with Karrie this summer! :)
-Going with Rob for the first time to DownTown Trini's (my favorite Mexican restaurant)
-Going with Stephen to my ALL TIME FAVORITE restaurant Marie Cattrib's! :)
-Chicago Mission Trip with Beaverdam CRC and my church...I'll give you the 401 on that ;)
-Let's not forget going on Superman with Glenda! Six Flags was great (but not as much fun as Cedar Point)
-Eating Kringle for the first time
-Seeing Zacher preach
-Knee boarding at dad's
-Seeing the Tigers play for the first time (even if they did lose,it was fun)
-Seeing Steve preach
-Driving to Detroit to pick up Karrie and having fun catching up and hearing about her mission's trip
-Hearing the words come out of my nephew's mouth "Ummm...I don't think so." I'm still laughing about that one!
-Having "ah ha moments"
-dog sitting for dog's that could get picked off by a hawk, no joke!
-Killing 4 exotic fish opppss....
-Spending time with my family
-Going to the drive in movie theater
-seeing Levi come home
-playing scrabble with Levi and Rachel...I still hold to the word Doxen Rach!
-Attending Ebiri's open house and being so proud of him and his accomplishment!
-Last but not least truly enjoying my summer. It is sad that it's over but I am thankful that the Lord has blessed me with it and now I am looking forward to a great semester. Speaking of which I can't even tell you how much reading I have to do. Yes I know I signed up for this but HOLY COW...good thing I like to read :)
So to sum it up, as summer comes to a close for me I am thankful for the people I have been able to meet, connect with, and grow closer to.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home