One big event that happened this weekend!
Gotta love that title! ;)
For awhile now my best friend Alicia and I have not been, oh how shall we say it...Communicating, and because of it our friendship has deteoriated to almost nothing. It has been really hard on me for the past year and half and I found out this weekend it has been really hard on her as well.
On Sunday everything came to a head and we finally talked, partly due to Ebiri. We were all planning on hanging out the whole day at Grand Haven, well I opted not to go because it is just to awkward around Alicia and it isn't really enjoyable for anyone. I was puttering around my apartment wondering what in the world I was going to all day seeing that most of my friends were out of town when Alicia came down and knocked on my door.
We chit chatted for a while until we finally began to peel away the layers that have been building. It was the first time in a long time that we really talked. I found out things I had no idea was going on and she likewise. No we didn't cry and hug and have a super girly moment, we just were open and honest about the walls that both us had been putting up. Man a living do those walls hurt you-I've been so bottled up inside that all I"ve wanted to do is scream. I've missed Alicia more than anyone! There has only been one other individual who has come remotely close to her, but their name shall remain void from this blog:).
So for now there is no resolution and we are both good with that, but we are on the road to recovery our once amazing friendship...there really are friends that come along once in a lifetime that you hold onto for dear life and them you. Not everyone leaves, just some.
For awhile now my best friend Alicia and I have not been, oh how shall we say it...Communicating, and because of it our friendship has deteoriated to almost nothing. It has been really hard on me for the past year and half and I found out this weekend it has been really hard on her as well.
On Sunday everything came to a head and we finally talked, partly due to Ebiri. We were all planning on hanging out the whole day at Grand Haven, well I opted not to go because it is just to awkward around Alicia and it isn't really enjoyable for anyone. I was puttering around my apartment wondering what in the world I was going to all day seeing that most of my friends were out of town when Alicia came down and knocked on my door.
We chit chatted for a while until we finally began to peel away the layers that have been building. It was the first time in a long time that we really talked. I found out things I had no idea was going on and she likewise. No we didn't cry and hug and have a super girly moment, we just were open and honest about the walls that both us had been putting up. Man a living do those walls hurt you-I've been so bottled up inside that all I"ve wanted to do is scream. I've missed Alicia more than anyone! There has only been one other individual who has come remotely close to her, but their name shall remain void from this blog:).
So for now there is no resolution and we are both good with that, but we are on the road to recovery our once amazing friendship...there really are friends that come along once in a lifetime that you hold onto for dear life and them you. Not everyone leaves, just some.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home