Monday, April 11, 2005

Relationships

Isn't it funny how one converstation can either make or break a relationship! Over my lifetime I have experienced many kinds of make or break converstations some good, but mostly bad. They change you and make you into something that sometimes you don't want to be, but become anyways, because you are trying to cover up the pain that it caused.

Why do people continually place themselves threw this pain and "suffering"? I know the right answer but honestly I don't want to give the right answer, I want to say the cynical and painful answer. I know we are created for community, I know that we are made to work and be with people in an environment that is uplifting and caring, but sometimes the ones you want to care about the most are the one(s) that you hurt the deepest and mess up the worst.

If I could have everything in black and white that would be the best, but in this life you realize that not everything or anything comes in straight black and white. So what do you do?!

Do you not talk about the proverbial elephant that is in the room or do you leave the elephant alone? Do you only say something if you think that they relationship can handle it or not? I for one am a very open and honest individual and I like to state what I"m thinking and feeling because otherwise it eats away at me and I can't deal with it. Now more than ever I am realizing that my comments don't heal, but hurt more than I mean them to. I'm always sorry and very regretful for them, but I don't know what to do in the awkwardness, so I say everything instead of saying nothing.

So I wait, for God to work, and for myself to be healed by God. I wait for Him to give me guidance after the fact of messing everything up. You would think I would learn, and I have, but it seems to me that it is going to take a very strong man to continue to stand next to me even when I get scared. So I guess we all will see when he comes what he will be like, and Lord willing I will not run, or maybe I should say he will let me run, but be right next to me when I do. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

With any relationship you place a value whether or not you want to. Do I hurt as much as I hurt them-no. I think both parties hurt but on differant levels. Whether you can identify the pain or not it, it is still there when someone/anyone says something hurtful or cuts deep.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home