Time wasted or maybe not....
I have been thinking a lot this week about how much time I just sit and waste. It may not appear like I am wasting time but I know in my core that I am. I often drive to and fro and suddenly realize what in the world am I doing! I have been so concerned with things that don't matter and the things that really do matter I am reluctant to do. If that makes sense. So on that note the next things that I'm going to tell you about are me actually investing into the more meaningful things.
Last night was one of the more meaningful nights I've had in a long time, where everything came together for an amazing night of fellowship and worship. I had youth group and I always stand amazed at my girls, we got into a pretty heady discussion. There was a part of me that felt like a proud parent, because they were really going deeper and pushing ahead with what they believed and thought. It is amazing to see how they are growing and changing.
After youth group I while bringing a youth group girl home I had a great time chatting with her and getting to know a piece of her heart. I am ever so greatly and thankful that God has given me the blessing of my personality. It is so good to be able to sit and listen and to ask the deeper questions without being afraid of what I'll hear. There is something so special and dear about listening to someone else, a relationship builder I guess. :)
I went to Starbucks after that to talk with Rachel and her sister about the changes coming up in Rachel's life, you see her fiance just signed to be in the Army for 3 years. My heart is breaking inside because he is my little brother and I want the best for him, and them together. I can't even image what it is going to like without Levi being here. This next year is going to bring about so many changes, both good and bad.
I guess I should touch a little on Lent and how that is going-I will write more when the Lent season is done, but I have actually been amazed by what God has done already this far. I have seen Him work deep within a place that has been so needing Him, but so afraid at the same time of what that looks like. All I can truly say is Praise God the True Healer of All!
I think that pretty much covers my world, ohhh yeah a little known secret by many but a success of mine currently is that I've lost 11pds, and counting! :) More on that leg of my journey as well.
Know that you are all loved so much wider, deeper, and longer, than we could ever comprehend-isn't God great! :)
Last night was one of the more meaningful nights I've had in a long time, where everything came together for an amazing night of fellowship and worship. I had youth group and I always stand amazed at my girls, we got into a pretty heady discussion. There was a part of me that felt like a proud parent, because they were really going deeper and pushing ahead with what they believed and thought. It is amazing to see how they are growing and changing.
After youth group I while bringing a youth group girl home I had a great time chatting with her and getting to know a piece of her heart. I am ever so greatly and thankful that God has given me the blessing of my personality. It is so good to be able to sit and listen and to ask the deeper questions without being afraid of what I'll hear. There is something so special and dear about listening to someone else, a relationship builder I guess. :)
I went to Starbucks after that to talk with Rachel and her sister about the changes coming up in Rachel's life, you see her fiance just signed to be in the Army for 3 years. My heart is breaking inside because he is my little brother and I want the best for him, and them together. I can't even image what it is going to like without Levi being here. This next year is going to bring about so many changes, both good and bad.
I guess I should touch a little on Lent and how that is going-I will write more when the Lent season is done, but I have actually been amazed by what God has done already this far. I have seen Him work deep within a place that has been so needing Him, but so afraid at the same time of what that looks like. All I can truly say is Praise God the True Healer of All!
I think that pretty much covers my world, ohhh yeah a little known secret by many but a success of mine currently is that I've lost 11pds, and counting! :) More on that leg of my journey as well.
Know that you are all loved so much wider, deeper, and longer, than we could ever comprehend-isn't God great! :)


1 Comments:
Looking forward to catching up with you sometime - oh, and by the way... we brought home some whitefish!!! :-D Is there extra for Hannah? You'll have to wait and see...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home