Lent
For several years, 4 to be exact, I have not given anything up for Lent. But this year I was inspired to do so.
40 days! Can I do this? Am I really strong enough to do this? Maybe that is the point, that I'm not strong enough. The only times I've been "strong" enough to move past this is when God had asked me to do so. When that happened He was the one doing all of the work, I was just being obedient. So I'm anticipating again that He is going be doing some deeper work within me, so I'll do my best to be obedient to Him in this area of my life. So the count down begins. :)
40 days! Can I do this? Am I really strong enough to do this? Maybe that is the point, that I'm not strong enough. The only times I've been "strong" enough to move past this is when God had asked me to do so. When that happened He was the one doing all of the work, I was just being obedient. So I'm anticipating again that He is going be doing some deeper work within me, so I'll do my best to be obedient to Him in this area of my life. So the count down begins. :)


3 Comments:
it's hard already and it's only been one day! hahahaha
oh man I wrote that and then noticed it looks like I'm making fun of you... sorry I was making fun of myself cause I had to stop myself yesterday.
Sorry
NO I totally agree, it is hard. I never realized how ingrained it is into my head! Man a living!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home